Hey guys! Recently my family and I went on a trip to Las Vegas! It's the first time I've been off the east coast of north america, and I literally had so much fun. We managed to do so much stuff over the few days we were there, and I can't wait to tell you about it!
The flight didn't feel long at all, and I just slept and watched some movies as you do. The view out the window was so pretty, and I couldn't not share it with you!
The view out the hotel window was really pretty cool. You didn't see the skyline or anything, but looking at the architecture of all the unique buildings was pretty neat. :)
For breakfast on the first day, we ate at the hotel cafe, and oh my god the food was absolutely heaven. They had- get this- red velvet pancakes and red velvet waffles. Let that sink in. I got the red velvet waffles (more like waffle), and it was actually like eating a giant cupcake with fresh fruit, melted chocolate, and cream cheese icing. It's at the Aria Cafe, and I totally recommend it. It's worth the wait in line and price.
Driving around Vegas, we saw all the famous spots, like this pyramid hotel place.
And the Vegas Eiffel Tower :)
Walking to the show we were going to, we passed Caesar's Palace, and I thought the statues were pretty cool!
The show we saw was Terry Fator, and he's a ventriloquist who won America's Got Talent a few years back. He was pretty funny, and very original with his skits.
I'll post Vegas Day 2 soon, and hope you guys liked this day :)
Hey guys! So I was just going about my usual business of listening to rockin' music and scrolling through my favorite blogs when Louise (Sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.com) put up one of her 'Motivational Monday' posts. I forgot how much they pepped up my attitude, so I thought I'd take a swing at one. :)
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
scrolling through @luanna90 's Instagram and finding outfit inspiration (see picture above)
painting my nails without smudging
going for bike rides with friends
discovering new songs
sipping peppermint tea and reading TeenVogue
watching Zoella's vlogs (on YouTube channel MoreZoella)
when i finally found a romper i love after a year of searching
planning fun trips for the summer
the anticipation of a big stack of books to read
hanging out with so many friends and feeling a sense of belonging
putting together cute spring outfits
feeling the anticipation of spring on the horizon
watching a film you've wanted to see for a long while (The Theory of Everything)
watching raindrops race down the window on a long car ride
Recently my family, my best friend and I took a trip to New York City! It was so much fun, and an experience I'll never forget. :) I highly recommend visiting even if you've already been there before because I feel like there are always new sights to explore!
This is a shot of us going up the escalator in Topshop on Fifth Avenue! It was super interesting to check out because I've never been there before, but had heard lots about it from different YouTubers, such as Velvetg0hst. (Check her out, her channel is amazing as well as her blog!) Anywayyyy I would describe the store as very clean. Not just like the floors and stuff, but the feel of the clothes and accessories. Everything had clean lines and was nicely put together. I would also say it's targeted towards older teens and women in their 20's. It is a bit pricey, but everything was very nice quality. If there is a particular trend you've seen going around they'll most likely sell it. I purchased a gray long-sleeve crop top and black 90's inspired choker. I didn't have anything like them in my closet, and I'd been hunting for a cute choker :) Also, the store was really big and had 2 levels! They also had a cosmetics section and I've heard great things about their nail polishes!
The other store we visited was the NBA store because that's the place my brother chose for us to go to. My friend and I looked around, but we both weren't too interested, although the store did have a lot of cool merchandise to buy. We wandered over to these huge windows in the back on the second floor and people watched for a while. The buildings looked super cool all lit up, especially with the writing on the side of the one!
This is just the front of the store! It was really busy!
This is the other building we could see from the NBA store, H&M. We were going to go there, but changed our minds since we've already been there before. It looks awesome being all glass.
Just like in every movie, the streets were incredibly busy. Like, it was insane. Probably because it was a Saturday haha
Finally, we went to see a broadway show!! Oh my gosh guys, it was absolutely amazing! We saw Phantom of the Opera, and a couple months later we're all still singing the songs :0 The casting was amazing, and it blows my mind that it's the longest running show in Broadway history! All the singing was phenomenal, and the sets were awesome. Overall, I totally recommend it if you're looking for a show to see!
I saw this tag on Jennie's blog_ and since I love the album thought it would be a fun thing to do! :)
Welcome to New York: If you could live in any city, which would it be and why?
If I could live in any city it would be NYC. Cliche, yes, but I'm genuinely intrigued by it and want to learn all the quirky streets and people. It seems like a fun place to explore and immerse myself in.
Blank Space: What is something that everyone thinks is true about you but is actually false?
One thing everyone thinks that is true about me but is actually false is that I can be pushed around. Don't mess with me because I know how to stand up for myself and my friends. I used to struggle with it, but now I don't :)
Style: What is one item in your closet that makes you feel unstoppable?
An item in my closet that makes me feel unstoppable is
Out of the Woods: What is one thing that you're afraid of?
One thing I'm afraid of is my life turning out with me being unhappy. I need to be content with myself; that's what being really successful is to me.
All You Had To Do Was Stay: Who is someone you wish was still in your life?
Someone I wish was still in my life is my Aunt Cindy. She passed away when I was 6, so I never knew her very well. But from what I've heard of her, we're quite similar, so it would've been interesting to know her.
Shake It Off: What is something you have had to shake off?
Something I have had to shake off is toxic friendships. I've had to shake off the lingering ugly feeling they give me and just move on. And the minute I do my mindset is instantly better.
I Wish You Would: What is something you'd like to happen right now?
Something I'd like to happen right now is for my boyfriend to surprise me at my house with a bouquet of flowers and say, "Just because I'm thankful to have you." But we're both busy and that's pretty far fetched thinking anyway because he can't drive.
Bad Blood: Have you ever had someone stab you in the back?
Yes. It hurts, but you learn to drop it and forget them.
Wildest Dreams: What would you like to be remembered for?
I would like to be remembered for my charitable works that I've done for others and the world. Also my writing skills.
How You Get The Girl: What is your favorite pick-up line?
Pick-up lines are cheesy, I just prefer guys to be honest, kind, willing to listen to me, and understanding.
This Love: What is something you got back that you never thought you would?
Something I got back that I never thought I would was my gray beanie I lost and found in the same day. I thought it was a goner.
I Know Places: Where is one place you always feel safe?
One place I always feel safe is with my friends, boyfriend, and family. They always protect me no matter what.
Clean: What is an important lesson you have learned in life, and how did you learn it?
An important lesson I have learned in life is to always stay true to who you are. I learned it by observing others change to fit in, and I saw it wasn't them. It made me realize that I can only be happy by being me.
I thought high school would change the bad and magically make everything better. It didn’t. I did. A place can’t change my attitude. But a new one can give you a better perspective. So that’s why I like it; it helped me realize that I am in charge of my life and that means enjoying it. If you’re comfortable flaunting that top you think is cool in your bedroom, then rock it to school, or the mall. Or even New York. Public should be no different from private. But sadly it is because people take unnecessary power in negative opinions about others. The only thing being around others should do is share your creativity, not smash it. People need to care less and look for the people who will complement the outfit they thought was slightly crazy, remind them of the confidence they already possess. We all have it, so just do you, and incredible things will come from it.
Hello! Hope everyone's been having a nice day so far! I went to Target a few days ago after I finished my horse camp in the morning! Eek! Yeah, I've been going to horse camp this week every morning for a few hours! My bestie is doing it too, along with a bunch of other nice people I've met. I wanted to do this haul as a sort of "sneak peak" to the main event, the official campout post with all the crafts and set up I did. Anyway, hope you enjoy this post!
Here are all the items in detail!!!
A VERY suupppeerrrr cute string of lanterns that I can actually reuse after the party and hang in my bedroom above my bed! I can hang this either between trees, tents, or something else entirely. Yay for multipurpose stuff!
Paper plates for the normal snacking and s'mores, which are also totally cute :)
Thank you Mom for suggesting animal crackers be apart of the trail mix bar, because you're never too old for them, and they taste realllllly good :p
This is a lot bigger single lantern that I think is really cute and can be hung from a tree in my backyard. I'm going for the boho feel, so I thought it fit perfectly! Also available for future use. :)
Omg paper straws are adorable and I haven't used them in so long but I thought hey why not go all out for this campout (a+ rhymer)
Who doesn't like Pop Tarts? I thought that these would be a yummy part of our breakfast the next morning! Because I like them myself, and I've seen people transform into wolves to attain one. Especially in school. At lunch, whenever someone brings one in, the literal rest of the table forms a pack around that person and begs ridiculously for a piece. This is humanity's secret weakness all you other species. (Also, s'mores, campout... ;)
Cute! That's my reasoning.
I thought these would be a great option for the trail mix bar I'm making like the one in Beth's video! (Video is in my previous Campout post) I didn't see banana chips until later on in Target, so my mom thought these would be a great idea instead! And once we did come across the beloved banana chips, we decided to give them a break and try something different!
You need to cover that table with a cute cloth so it's adorbs and functional!
It is a campout, so s'mores are to be generally suspected and delivered. And the mini ones are for the trail mix bar :)
More s'mores supplies!
Funny story: when I saw these in the store, I literally stated whoa, because of the cookies 'n' cream thing going on. I then proceeded to read the brand, and laughed at the truth-ness of the name. I've never tried this brand before, so I'll let you know if it's any good. Lastly, the point of buying it was for the trail mix bar.
More Pop Tarts to contribute to breakfast! My mom called it a cookies and cream theme :)
So these artsy cups are not going to be used for drinking in, but for something you're going to find out in a future Campout Post!
For the trail mix, of course :)
Trail mix material!
So that was my Target campout haul, hope you liked it or got some inspiration if you want to do a campout too, or just any sleepover or party! :)
I thought I was a genius at heart. A creative person with an innovative mind who's thoughts conjured ideas everyone would love. Then two, not one, but two, of my favorite YouTubers posted videos about literally the exact same thing: a backyard campout sleepover with friends. I'd been thinking about doing something like that for a while. I thought, hey, with a bunch of my friends it could create tons of memories and good times, but never actually picked out a date or anything to set my plan in motion.
As soon as I saw MayBaby's video about it, I immediately asked my mom if I could arrange one, picked out a nice date amongst my soon to be overly packed and scheduled end of July/August and sent out a group text to 10 of my friends.
Now I have decided to keep you guys on this blog updated on all that's going on. The food, decorations, set up, and activities would be fun for me to chat about. Also, that flower picture above is a pretty candid example of what could happen in my backyard. ;) Can't wait to keep you guys updated!
In no particular order, here are 32 things that make me happy!
32) The smell outside after it's rained.
31) Peppermint Tea. Yuummmm
30) Once Upon A Time. In case you didn't know, it's only the best T.V. show ever, and season 4 premieres sometime in September!
29) Doing photo shoots with friends. Quite time consuming, but silly and worth it. And just photography in general.
28) Baking. This one really relaxes me, and the result is delicious.
27) School days off. Like today, for instance, Memorial Day. It's an extra day to catch up on the internet and books and hw. Or, if you're efficient, do that and hang out with friends, which is also my case today.
26) Painting my nails successfully. Notice how I didn't just say 'painting my nails' , because I'm only really content when they actually turn out nice. Now that happens about 1/4 times, but I'm getting better. I also enjoy getting them done with my mom and/or friends.
25) Discovering your new favorite song. You know that feeling you get after you listen to a song and it's absolutely perfect for you? Yeah, that makes me happy. :)
24) Re-reading my favorite books over and over. I especially like the parts where I anticipate the exciting moments.
23) Opposite of that, discovering a new favorite book! I tend to feel really proud and exclusive when that occurs.
24) The last bite of a Vanilla Ice Cream Cone. This is really specific, but is something that I can't get enough of in the summer. Mmmmm
23) Sleepovers with friends. This one is pretty generic, but loads of fun! Each one is unique because of the different locations, people, themes, and how late we talk.
22) Forming the perfect sentence. I enjoy writing, but what makes it super fun for me is when the ball starts rolling and sentences just keep flowing and they magically seem to pop out of my pen. I hate pencil, but this is a happy post, so ignore that part. :)
21) Field hockey. I could pin point specific points in the game, but for now I'll just generalize.
20) Cute but meaningful quotes. The Fault In Our Stars movie is going to bring me to tears just because of the importance of those.
19) Horseback riding. Again, I could very well pick out the little parts that I love, but it's just so much fun overall, and I highly recommend it!
18) Making new friends. Lately, I've made a few new ones, and it makes me feel so fulfilled inside and happy. It's also soooo interesting witnessing them from becoming new friends to old ones. Love it!
17) Putting together an outfit I love and feel the need to live in. It's the little things, guys.
16) Playing a sport against your crush.
15) BUNNIES. No more explaining necessary.
14) Getting a hit in softball, striking somebody out, catching a pop fly in the outfield, or base running. They make me feel like I accomplished something. Also, my parents taking the time to help me. Thank you so much for all you've done and sacrificed. Finally, I love going in the front yard with my dad and just throwing the ball. I miss doing that and having a daddy daughter time.
13) Thinking in British. To accomplish that, just watch a few British YouTube videos, and be amazed. Personally, I think I could fool people into thinking that I am British if I tried.
12) Shopping with my mom. It's really nice and I always have a great time!
11) Family movie/board game night. Those are the best, but finding a movie we all agree on can be a struggle.
10) The beach. I love surfing, walking or riding my bike on the board walk, monkey bread, Manco and Manco's, reading on the beach, hanging out with relatives, or friends, looking for seashells, going to the park, etc. All. Of. It.
9) Swimming in my pool. Especially the first jump in on a hot day. Refreshing!
8) Putting on a dress that makes me feel special.
7) Doing anything with my best friend!
6) Going to the movies to finally watch a movie I've been anxiously waiting for!
5) YouTube videos. I know this one isn't one most people like to think of, but if I'm feeling sad, I can watch one of my favorite people and instantly feel better. Ingrid Nilsen does a superb job of uplifting my spirits.
4) Making videos and editing and filming with friends!!
3) Drawing and just art in general.
2) Playing video games with my brother. Yes, we fight, but it's much more fun having fun.
1) Family Phillies games. They are the best and I love them so much!! Or any sports game, but specifically the Phillies. :)
When there are 50 million different things to do out there,it may sometimes be hard to find what you really truly love to do. Or maybe you are doing a sport that you've done since 2nd grade, but don't really like it anymore. That's completely normal. Don't let your parents, or anyone else for that matter, let you do something you don't enjoy. For instance, if you really want to try out for the swim team, but you've always been the violin prodigy, you may feel uncomfortable breaking the news to everyone. But just remember, your family and friends are on your side, and support whatever decision you come to. That's not to say they may be confused, because they probably will be. But just remember, it's YOUR life, not theirs. Do whatever it is that makes you happy!
Us girls, we are truly something special. It doesn't matter if you absolutely love skateboarding, or if you want to become the next fashion designer. We all have many things in common. Those things in common are what makes us us, and are sometimes difficult. From growing up, to staying true to yourself, to finding out who you want to be, it's all in the journey. If you enjoy the journey, and not the destination, you can go far, and be whoever you want to be. But nobody is perfect on all of this, so that's what the Just Being a Girl Blog is all about. Making sure the journey stays fun.
I love so many different things, so I like to talk about them in this blog :) You can pretty much tell what I like through it!