I vividly remember being ten years old and super obsessed with the Molly An American Girl on the Homefront movie. We had it DVR'd (yes I just made that a verb), and I would just watch it over and over. I also remember loving Molly's style so much. I went through our Christmas wrapping box to find a ribbon to tie in my hair, which I paired with a skater skirt and a sweater. I loved that movie so much that I needed it to be apart of my life.
A couple years later, I got into the show Once Upon A Time. I still adore the show, but again there was this period of obsessiveness about it, to the point where I wore my leather jacket with a gray tank top and jeans to school. To some people that would seem like a normal outfit, but for someone who usually wears pink shirts and sparkly shoes, it was not. I was again unapologetically letting my style be influenced by what was impacting my life.
Now we are at present day, and I love the Gilmore Girls. The show is comforting, fun, and makes me nostalgic for some weird reason. So anyway, I got this idea to have one of my outfits be inspired by an episode. Nothing major, nothing strange, just a few elements of my look being inspired by the characters in the show. And then I got so excited about it that I thought I might take a few photos of the look and put them on my blog. And then this idea came about! I thought to myself that it would be a cool idea to make this a series on my blog where whenever I become obsessed with a new show, I could make an outfit inspired by it and throw up a fashion post along with a review of the show under the Films section. I haven't been this pumped about a blog post idea in a while, so I hope you enjoy! :)
I really loved this outfit/shoot for so many reasons.
- Double denim=totally early 2000's vibe which is the Gilmore Girls time period
- Wide leg jeans, something Rory and Lorelei would've worn
- White converse, another Rory staple
- The pins. My pins on the denim jacket made the outfit more personable in my opinion, but also a bit quirky in a good way
- My hairstyle, which is totally another Rory go-to
- Coffee, coffee, coffee. To be a Gilmore girl is to live on coffee
- The library, because Rory is obsessed with books
- The antique store which reminded me of Kim's antique's from the show